Sunday, November 9, 2014

MYST Q2 #1: Gone Girl

Gone Girl

 A movie based on the book, even though the movie is not a true story it is based on a real- life case with similar themes. Directed by David Fincher, I think this movie did a good job of using lights to make scenes more dramatic and the effects to show show people felt. The movie also did a good job in making us believe that Nick Dunne played by Ben Affleck really killed his wife. The harsh investigation from the police really put pressure on Nick Dunne and we saw him act different through the movie. During a plot twist everything changes and you have to figure out the truth just like Nick Dunne does. A great thriller for anyone to watch. I think this is a must see.
 I think the big cinematic element that made this movie stand out was lighting, During the scenes Amy Dunne played by Rosamund Pike was in the lighting was up lifting, bright, this is the women that is missing. During the times we see Nick Dunne its a dark tone, The colors they use are grays and blacks and shadows over different things. When we see Amy's diary all we see is what she wrote so you have the white paper and the words that stand out. Its very focused on small details, and once you realize them then you start to pay attention to all of them.

 I recommend this movie to anyone who likes putting little details together. This movie isn't just for girls but I also think guys would enjoy it also.I saw this in the movies but I thinking watching it at home would make it that much more better. This movie is one of my favorite movies I have seen this year.
  


1 comment:

  1. Good start here; I like how you focus on the lighting. Just more thorough analysis of the scenes, the people involved, etc.

    ReplyDelete